- Undertakes supplier negotiations for China sourcing, supplier scheduling, and ensuring on‐time delivery through relationship‐building to maximize business benefits.
- Develops and leads negotiation with suppliers and establishes strong contractual relationships, including clear Statements of Work/Service Level Agreements.
Client Service & Risk Management
- Advises the organization on the value of, and risks associated with, new sources of supply.
- Conducts business with the highest level of integrity and regard for legal and environmental issues.
- Maintaining absolute confidentiality.
- Supports day‐to‐day sourcing responsibilities for manufacturing operations.
- Develops and implements supply strategies to aggressively reduce the cost of key materials, components, and subsystems, and to reduce material lead times, inventory requirements, and associated work capital requirements.
- Partners with Engineering, R&D, Finance, and Manufacturing leadership to achieve cost reduction targets.
- Seeks client and supplier benefits, including cost reduction,revenue‐increasing initiatives, aggregating supplier volume/reducing price, and utilizing tools/identifying opportunities for e‐processes to increase capacity and drive controllership.
- Provides advice on all significant matters involving China sourcing impact.
- Provides turnkey services to facilitate transactions, such as translation, transportation, and accommodations.