Trans‐Pacific On‐Site Support
- Supervises vendor facilities to evaluate performance, production capacity, cost control, efficiency, quality, reliability, and on‐time delivery.
- Provides overall vendor management, including ensuring tactical execution within assigned commodity, escalations due to service delivery/quality issues and invoicing/payables issues, supplier and contract database management, etc.
- Leads sourcing efforts to develop lowest cost of ownership, improving competitiveness, service levels, and quality position.
- Evaluates the company’s purchasing activities and issues periodic financial and operational reports.
- Seeks out and develops emerging regions of new suppliers, or suppliers with new and evolving capabilities.
- Manages relationships with Chinese vendor partners to ensure mutual satisfaction.
- Assures that the product is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the client.
- Monitors performance and development.
- Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
- Coordinates appropriate methods to distribute commodity in a cost effective manner.
- Identifies inefficiencies and proposes solutions for improvements.
- Develops and achieves short and long‐range operational objectives, organizational structure, and staffing requirements.